domingo, maio 21, 2006

Eberhard Havekost


Eberhard Havekost, Intro 1, 2001



Eberhard Havekost, L.A. grau, 2005



Eberhard Havekost, Benutzeroberfläche 6, 2002



Eberhard Havekost, Untitled, 1997, óleo s/ tela


«“Because I always see the precise photographic basis while I paint, I sense how the image forever oscillates between two levels of meaning,” Eberhard Havekost explains. “What I see while I experience, I combine with the act of looking at an image produced by the media.” Through his layered process, Havekost is acutely aware of how a painting inherently departs from its original subject to gain its own self-referential dynamic. In Untitled, his tower block becomes almost unrecognisable from its source. Translated through the organic intervention of his brush, Untitled invents its own values of interpretation: the meditative qualities of surface, composition and gesture.»

Quotes taken from ‘Interview with Florian Illies’ Intervista Con La Pittura Gianni Romano, Postmedia Books 2003.

In The Saatchi Gallery

___

Sem comentários: